Tuesday 4 June 2013

Yonatan Zunger

Yonatan Zunger

Source (googlt.com.pk)
Lots of people ask me what my job title means. I'm the senior engineer on the Google+ team, and my primary responsibility is to oversee and guide the technical design of Google+ and all of the things related to it. In practice, I'm also involved in lots of non-technical issues as well: my job is to make Google as fun, exciting, social, and pleasant a place to be as it can possibly be.(I've been at Google since 2003, but you probably haven't seen me before this, because I worked deep in the back end: planet-scale storage, very large-scale search, ranking, and so on. Lots of teams whose unofficial motto is "if we told you, we'd have to kill you" -- as opposed to Google+, where we get to go out and talk and interact with our users.)For those who just came here, welcome to the Google+ Project. It's something that we're all very passionate about, and which (as its name indicates) is going to continue to develop and improve at what we hope is an amazing rate. I'm avidly interested in hearing user feedback, and while I can't guarantee that I'll have time to respond to all of it, it will most certainly be listened to.And the obligatory (very important!) disclaimer: I'm not on this system as an official representative. While I'm listening to user feedback and interacting about the system, I'm also here for perfectly ordinary social networking purposes. If I am saying something official on behalf of Google, I will make that explicitly clear; anything else that I say here is not the position of Google, or of anyone other than myself.In fact, most of what I post about has nothing to do with CS at all. If you want a taste of it, take a look at my blog.

Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger
Yonatan Zunger

No comments:

Post a Comment